AODD Pump In The Iced Tea And Soft Drinks Industry
A Multi-National manufacturer of Flavoured Iced Tea and Soft Drinks required a solution to their flavour distribution pumps. The area was plagued by unreliable pumps and an intensive and time consuming manual cleaning regime.
The request was for a Sanitary Pump, with FDA materials, and certified 20Ra highly polished wetted metallic product contact surfaces.
In addition the pump was required to be in-line CIP capable, with the CIP cleaning liquids being forced at pressure through the pump and pipework by an external CIP skid. The pump was also required to self-drain after cleaning.
As the flavour media was potentially flammable, ATEX was also a requirement to ground any static build up.
THE 'ONE NUT' SOLUTION.
Flotronic Pumps were the only AODD manufacturer able to supply a pump to meet all of these criteria.
The pump supplied was a Flotronic Sanitary Design Mini Slimline Stainless Steel pump.
Pump code A11SSTT6STRID1H2OR
- 316L Stainless Steel wetted parts.
- Wetted parts polished to 20Ra – certified.
- Short stroke long life one piece Virgin PTFE diaphragms.
- Reinforced Diaphragms to take unsupported head – Unique to Flotronic Pumps.
- Removable modified seats for Self-Draining - Unique to Flotronic Pumps.
- Integral ½” Triclamp Connections.
- ATEX rated pump to remove potential static electricity.
These pumps have now been installed for 2 years without any requirement for spare parts.