Pumps for Beverages and SpiritsNo matter the brewing process, we have solutions that will help you maintain efficiency and produce the best beers to remain competitive in today’s marketplace.
A critical challenge for beverage/spirits manufacturers is safety. As you can imagine, with so many highly flammable ingredients, explosion proof pumps are critical. Standard Pump products from UHT offer both explosion-proof drum pumps (small batch transfer) and AODD pumps (process pumps).
UHT’s Unibloc positive displacement (PD) pumps can keep up with the industry’s high-speed production lines, are cleaned easily, and can get back to work quickly with a minimal amount of downtime. UHT pumps are quickly reassembled after cleaning in place (CIP). No matter if you’re running fructose syrups, vinegars, or viscous nut butters, successful processing requires a pump with low shear characteristics and consistent throughput. Our innovative PD lobe and gear pumps are precision-engineered in all stainless steel and feature a compact design to meet these demanding requirements.
Production processes in the beverage industry can be highly expensive, as ingredients need to be transferred in matters that are highly controlled and hygienic. The high viscosity and low shear characteristics of components like flavoring oils, fruit concentrates, and purees make transporting these products very challenging. Adding to this, the FDA hygienic compliance requirements demand the very best process control, which calls upon the very best quality process equipment.
Features and Benefits
Our sanitary pump line excels in the beverage/spirits industry and provides many benefits:
- Flat, crevice-free front cover that eliminates product dead zones
- CIP and COP capability
- Horizontal or vertical mounting versatility
- Eliminates pump and motor alignment issues
- Safety features including no accessible moving parts
- Compact design that offers reliability and durability
- Delivers smooth, low shear performance
- Quiet operation
- Low cost of ownership
- Provides solutions for demanding applications
- Oversized shafts greatly reduce deflection at high pressures and lead to tighter tolerances, increased flow rates and greater efficiency
- Ability to handle high viscosity, including barrel unloading systems that can support high viscosities
- Self-draining features
- FDA-compliant and hygienic versions of all pumps available
- Multi Barrel emptying systems available
View All Case Studies
A global soft drinks manufacturing company – for whom Flotronic Pumps Ltd are the preferred air operated double diaphragm pump supplier – came to Flotronic with a non-air operated diaphragm pump
For over four years now, a UK Based Brewery have been using two Air Operated Diaphragm pumps from Flotronic Pumps Limited to transfer yeast at different stages of their brewing process.
It is well known that air operated double diaphragm pumps are often specified in the chemical industry where explosive/flammable environments exist, but less commonly known in alcoholic drinks production. But not
EODD pumps combine the advantages of an air-operated double diaphragm pump (AODD) and the energy efficiency of an electric motor. EODD pumps can operate against a closed valve, run dry and produce very little noise. Additionally, the pumps can operate in a “low pulsation” mode.