Bakery and Confection PumpsOur precision-engineered positive displacement pumps are made to handle a variety of materials and simplify large-scale processing without sacrificing quality.
High-quality pumps are vital while working in bakery and confectionary processes. We understand professionals like you need pumping solutions that provide low-shear and consistent throughput to keep the processing line moving. The confectionery industry utilizes highly specialized and temperamental ingredients pumped safely and consistently. Abrasive additives and solid particles are common examples of substances that have a high viscosity and are particularly difficult to process. Selecting high-quality equipment to pump these components is essential. It is also vital to select equipment that complies with FDA regulations and global hygienic process standards, a crucial consideration in the baking and confectionery industries.
Our engineers work with bakery, snack food, chocolate, candy and confection aficionados to create hygienic pump system solutions for enhanced reliability, high performance and easy maintenance. The biggest challenge with chocolate is the abrasive nature of chocolate due to its sugar content. Chocolate tends to damage seals, so using a seal-free pump (AODD pump technology) is a good option – especially when the pumps are equipped with Santoprene diaphragms that are resistant to abrasion and have excellent heat deflection capabilities.
With hardened stainless-steel rotor options designed to handle abrasive and acidic applications, our lobe pumps have high clearance options to reduce shear, which allows for improved protection against over pressurization. Our pumps typically provide 5-35% more flow than other pump brands, allowing us to run slower for significantly improved life expectancies, reducing downtime and increasing your return on investment.
Features and Benefits
- Compact design down to 3/8″ for low/high accuracy applications
- Flat, crevice-free front cover that eliminates product dead zones
- Pump assemblies with 8″ capable of up to 500 gpm for high flow applications
- 5-35% more flow per revolution than the majority of our competitors
- Handles viscosities up to 1M cps
- Front-loaded shaft seal options
- Hardened wear sleeves
- Hardened stainless steel rotors for abrasive applications
- Metal and X-ray detectable plastic rotors for nightly hygienic applications
- FDA compliant
- 3A certified
- USP available
- Clean in place (CIP) capable
- Abrasive, viscous, temperature dependent products
- Modified pumps for the abrasion, learned through application experience
- Jacketed versions of the stainless-steel ranges
- Unique inside out design
- Jacketed options, especially good on chocolates and abrasive sugar applications
- Barrel unloading system for the higher viscosities
View All Case Studies
A French Confectionary manufacturer needed to transfer Warm Chocolate containing Whole Almonds. Obvious concerns were the Viscosity of the Chocolate at 6,000Cps, Whole Almonds at up to 13mm and a
One of the UK’s leading manufacturer of pies and sausages, with factories in Nottingham and Trowbridge purchased two Good Food Pumps from Flotronic Pumps Ltd and have saved a significant
Uniquely developed to batch food ingredients directly from drums and kettles. The system is constructed with polished stainless steel and designed with Tri-Clamp® fittings for quick knockdown and cleaning. Ideal for hygienic applications where precision batching is required.
EODD pumps combine the advantages of an air-operated double diaphragm pump (AODD) and the energy efficiency of an electric motor. EODD pumps can operate against a closed valve, run dry and produce very little noise. Additionally, the pumps can operate in a “low pulsation” mode.