AODD Pump Solves Problem In Personal Care Industry
A Global Personal Care manufacturer required a Sanitary Double Diaphragm Pump to add a food grade ingredient to its process at a very low flow rate. The problem was that to do this, the pump also needed to achieve and maintain a 2m prime; lifting the product from a drum
The solution – a Flotronic sanitary design Mini 316L Stainless Steel pump, fitted with a needle valve on the air system. This enables the pump to overcome system pressure whilst accurately regulating the stroke rate – thereby easily matching the required flow rate.
Flotronic Pumps was able to supply a Sanitary Style Pump that could easily match the application process requirements; along with the highest sanitary standards required by the personal care industry. Pumps could also be Cleaned In Place while in line and be fully drained without any manual intervention or the need to break into the pipework.
- CIP the pump with external CIP rig at up to 7Bar without bypassing the pump.
- Pump can be fully drained after CIP procedure without any manual intervention.
- FDA and (EC) No 1935/2004 Approved Materials Of Construction
- 70% less product hold up when compared to any traditional AODP
- Fast strip down in less than 4 minutes for inspection of internals.
- 316L Stainless Steel Sanitary Style Design
- USB Class VI and FDA approved PTFE / Teflon Diaphragms & Balls
- Polished - Wetted 0.8Ra with Non-wetted 1Ra
- Reinforced Diaphragms for In-Line CIP.
- Triclover Process Connections