How To Pump Paint To A Filling Head
One of the Top 10 decorative paint manufacturers in the World, needed to pump water based decorative paints from their storage tanks to filling lines at one of their plants based in Europe.
Their existing traditional style air operated diaphragm pumps were proving to be time consuming to maintain, and spare parts were becoming increasingly difficult to source.
The Flotronic 'One Nut' design, allows easy and quick strip down to inspect or repair the diaphragms while the pumps remain in line, in less than 5 minutes. A full strip down and rebuild can be carried out in less than 15 minutes.
They have now replaced over 40 traditional air operated double diaphragm pumps at this one plant with the Flotronic Slimline design AODP, and are looking at using the pumps at other locations.
- Easy strip down for inspection / repair.
- Access to diaphragms in less than 5 minutes while the pump remains in the process pipework.
- 70% less product / waste in the pump than traditional AODP.
- Less cleaning time than traditional AODP.
- Less water used in cleaning process, saving water costs, less environmental impact.
- Bespoke connections to fit existing pipework
- Pumping Water based paint from storage vessel to filling head / depositor.
- 2" 316L Stainless Steel Slimline.
- Bespoke manifolds to match existing pipework.
- 12" PTFE faced diaphragms.
- Maximum flow rate 390 ltr/min