Pump Cosmetics To Depositing And Filling Heads
A global contract personal care manufacturer with plants based in the UK are using the Flotronic 'One Nut' sanitary style air operated double diaphragm pump, to pump their full range of personal hygiene products to filling Depositors. Successfully pumping to various depositors on site, supplying either a manual semi-automatic depositor or a fully automatic depositor Head
Hygiene along with the requirement to be able to pump a wide range of products and viscosity were the driving factors for pump selection. The Flotronic sanitary style diaphragm pump based on our 3A and EHEDG design, can pump viscosity up to 300,000 cps, and can be fully cleaned in place, using an external CIP rig if required, making it ideal for this application.
Flotronic were able to provide an air operated diaphragm pump that was easy to clean, user friendly when it comes down to stripping the pump for inspection and most importantly, a pump that would pass microbiology testing as part of the plant protocols.
SANITARY FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Fully CIP
- Ability to fully drain down the pump after CIP cycle is completed without manual intervention or taking the pump out of line.
- Fast Strip Down with pumps Inline in less than 5 minutes for inspection.
- Full strip and rebuild in less than 15 minutes.
- 70% less product hold up.
- Full FDA certification specific to pump serial number.
- Polished - Wetted 0.8Ra - None wetted 1 Ra
- Passed all microbiologic testing on site, as per site protocols.
- Pump finished personal care products to the various filling line depositors.
- Pump raw products for personal care manufacturing into mixing vessels.
- Recirculating product to help with mixing.
- Pumping from mixing vessels to pallecons for transport to filling lines
- Pump Code: F27SSTT6STRIH1O
- Sanitary Style 316L Air Operated Double Diaphragm Pump.
- PTFE diaphragms - FDA, USP Class VI, (EU) 1935/2004 approved
- Triclover Connections.
- ATEX Rated.
- Flow rate up to 350 ltr/min