- Full Explosion
Flotronic® Minichem PTFE Pump
The Minichem is a totally unique design of FDA Compliant PTFE Double Diaphragm Pump machined from one solid block of PTFE, removing the need for separate manifolds.
- One-Block technology without separate manifolds ensuring greater pump integrity
- One Nut technology for ease of maintenance
- Suitable for aggressive chemical duties at flow rates up to 100 ltr/minute and temperatures up to 80ºC
- Flanged as well as threaded connections available in 1/2” and 1” sizes – so compatible with existing PTFE-lined pipework
- All external parts in Polypropylene or Stainless Steel
- ATEX approved PTFE / Teflon and anti-static PTFE versions where required (FDA approved anti-static) ATEX Directive compliant up to Gas Group IIC
- Self-priming, suction lift (2m/6.5ft dry and 8m/26ft wet)
- Easy maintenance of air valve when pump in-line
Minichem One-Block technology delivers outstanding benefits, all of which help to:
- maintain levels of safety in hazardous environments and operations
- reduce down time and cleaning costs
- keep operations running and cost-efficient
A PTFE / Teflon double diaphragm pump designed specifically for the safe transfer of aggressive chemicals and other hazardous liquids, at flow rates up to 100 litres/minute through 1/2” and 1” connections.
The Minichem is machined from one solid block of PTFE; a unique patented concept based on Flotronic’s existing One Nut air operated double diaphragm design. A key benefit of the ‘One-Block’ design is that it avoids the need for separate manifolds. This means no manifold seals and therefore no potential leak paths.
Flotronic’s ‘One-Block’ approach enhances the ease of maintenance benefit which the ‘One-Nut’ design delivers. The pump is held together by one nut on the side opposite the external air valve - allowing in-line diaphragm replacement in less than 15 minutes and a complete strip-down and re-build possible in less than 20 minutes. One-Block means that Minichem maintenance need focus only on One-Nut disassembly … and on the ball valves only when necessary.
Flanged as well as threaded BSP versions of the ‘Minichem’ are available, ensuring full compatibility with existing PTFE-lined pipework.
All non-wetted ‘Minichem’ parts are in Polypropylene and Stainless Steel and ATEX approved versions are also available in both FDA approved PTFE and anti-static PTFE. With environmental protection in mind, Diaphragm Rupture Protection and fully pneumatic Alarm Systems are available.
- Chemical, pharmaceutical and similar industries
- Pilot plants (often in sampling lines)
- Emergency pumps for hazardous chemical recovery.
Hygenitec In-Line sight glasses are designed with a glass tube securely positioned between two flanges, with double-nut tensioning to prevent over-tightening, and an electropolished stainless steel protector around the tube as well as a standard sanitary Tri-Clamp connection.