- Exploded View
Flotronic® Good Food Pump
Double Diaphragm Pump ideal for pumping your food products, especially on high viscosity low shear applications. Designed for ‘quick strip’ which is tool free or the pumps can be ‘cleaned in place’ (CIP), manufactured throughout from FDA approved materials. The 'Good Food' pump gives food industry customers very specific benefits.
- The unique ‘One-Nut’ design which facilitates ‘between batch’ cleaning
- Clean in place (CIP) connection as standard
- Internal jacketing option, which allows the temperature of the product to be maintained as it passes through the pump
- An ability to self-prime – (3.6m dry and 8m wet).
- All ‘Good Food’ Pumps come with hygienic connections to suit the customer’s specific requirements
- Low shear rate – permitting handling of large or delicate solids
- Internal pump clearances allow for solids up to 25mm to pass through the pump
- The ability to dry run, making it possible to leave the pump running to completely empty the supply vessel
- Diaphragm pump capable of handling very high viscosity products up to and exceeding 300,000 centipoise (cP)
- Tool free maintenance allowing 15 minute strip down and rebuild by hand using the integral T Bar
- Polished option available.
- FDA approved materials
- (EC) 1935/2004 (EC) 2023/2006
GOOD FOOD STYLE ‘TOOL FREE MAINTENANCE’ PUMP
When developing the ‘Good Food’ Pump, Flotronic were careful to combine many of the existing features of the ‘One Nut’ design with new developments. A good example is the air valve which does not require lubrication. On the ‘Good Food’ Pump, this valve is constructed in Polypropylene with Stainless Steel internals.
This air operated double diaphragm pump also sees the ‘One Nut concept expanded into a ‘tool-free’ arrangement using a removable T bar. The inlet and outlet manifolds can be removed by slackening just the two stainless steel handles provided. This means that the Good Food double diaphragm pump can be stripped and cleaned in situ, without introducing any tools into your food production areas.
One of the most important features of the ‘Good Food’ Pump is that food product passes directly through the centre of the pump between the two diaphragms. The diaphragms form the major sealing areas along with standard O-ring seals on the manifolds to complete the simple sealing system.
Special attention has also been given to the pump body and manifolds to improve the pump’s flow and CIP characteristics. The manifolds, for example, are deliberately enlarged to allow large solid sizes to pass through easily. This feature, together with the pump’s low shear, means that traditionally difficult products are easily transferred.
The divider seals are a good example of design allowing easy cleaning, as they are easily removed by hand for washing and replacement in less than 30 seconds.
All external surfaces are in either Polypropylene or Stainless Steel - for easy cleaning.
Ideal for applications such as dairy, food and beverage, pharmaceutical, cosmetics/personal care
View All Case Studies
A French Confectionary manufacturer needed to transfer Warm Chocolate containing Whole Almonds. Obvious concerns were the Viscosity of the Chocolate at 6,000Cps, Whole Almonds at up to 13mm and a
A ready made salad manufacturer based in the UK were having problems pumping their mayonnaise and after trying both progressing cavity and air operated stick pumps they turned to Flotronic
One of the UK’s leading manufacturer of pies and sausages, with factories in Nottingham and Trowbridge purchased two Good Food Pumps from Flotronic Pumps Ltd and have saved a significant
Hygenitec In-Line sight glasses are designed with a glass tube securely positioned between two flanges, with double-nut tensioning to prevent over-tightening, and an electropolished stainless steel protector around the tube as well as a standard sanitary Tri-Clamp connection.